Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tell me experiences you've had as a wildlife biologist.?

Please tell me the good and bad in the career. i am thinking of becoming a wildlife biologist when i grow up and i would like to know the good and bad, the stuff they may not say in the job description, and some of the field projects.thank you i look forward to seeing your answers!Tell me experiences you've had as a wildlife biologist.?
Good:


Get to spend almost all my time outdoors observing nature and wildlife


Get to be my own boss most of the time..make my own schedule, etc.


Making money doing what I love.


Getting to make a positive impact on the environment, saving endangered species etc.


Feeling like I am making a differece (positive). This is a very rewarding job!


Educating people and sometimes enforcing wildlife law.








Bad:


Can be dangerous: snakes, wild animals, insects, poisonous plants, and most importantly...people. (Work often done in remote areas..even falling and spraining an ankle can be detrimental in these situations.)


This is a dirty job..lots of time is spent crawling around, crossing water, being in dirt, sand, mud, etc.


Working in extreme temperatures. (I have worked in 106 degree heat as well as temperatures below freezing)

No comments:

Post a Comment