Sunday, January 24, 2010

Planning a trip.Late June/early July.In US or Canada. Love shopping, sightseeing, & wildlife. Any thoughts?

Hello! I am planning a trip with my mother for late June/ early July. We are on a budget and would like to stay in the United States. Canada is a possibility too. We love shopping, sightseeing, horseback riding, and I would love to see some wildlife too. My Mom is not much of a camper.


We are from NYC and want to travel away from home. We have seen most of the New England States.


We are looking for funky little towns with lots to do. Any ideas. Thanks for reading!Planning a trip.Late June/early July.In US or Canada. Love shopping, sightseeing, %26amp; wildlife. Any thoughts?
Try the mountains around Tennessee. We went to Gatlinburg in December and went to Cades Cove (in nearby Townsend) everyday for a week--it is beautiful! Lots and lots of places around the Smoky Mountains have horseback riding and really neat cabins/lodges to stay in. With all the woods around, you are bound to see wildlife. I couldn't tell you how many dozens of deer and turkeys we saw in Cades Cove. My husband (who is a wildlife nut) says there should be lots of deer, turkeys, and even bears there around the time you are going. I'm sure there are lots of neat shops most anyplace you go around there. I can't help but add this---please don't vacation in Canada--I'm boycotting them b/c they still allow the seal hunt every year. This year the government has approved the slaughter of 270,000 seals. Whether anyone agrees with it or not, this is just plain cruel! I have seen the videos and they are gruesome. The good ol' USA has plenty of beautiful vacation spots to check out. Thanks!





PS: my husband said to tell you to go to the Grand Canyon...they have some kind of really cool walkway that extends out over the canyon.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment