Monday, January 18, 2010

I want to be a Marine Wildlife Vet...?

does this even exist as a career? Also if it does, what degree should I pursue as my four year degree, and what vet school is most highly recomended? Finally, I read that the demand for marine biologists is far below the supply of them. Does this mean my chances are slim of being successful in my chosen field? Im very confused, I just know that I want to be in the water with all the marine life for a living.I want to be a Marine Wildlife Vet...?
Yes and no. Most colleges you will end up with just a normal ';vet'; degree but you can specialize in aquatics or marine mammals. There might be some college out there that has a marine vet degree, but I have yet to hear of one. As you go through vet school you will take classes that will direct you towards what you really want to work on. For example the course study for a domestic animal vet varies from the course study of an exotic vet.





Sometimes, depending on which college you go to you can also major and minor in something to further help you. For example major in your vet field but perhaps minor in marine biology.





The only thing is with a focus on marine life your jobs are going to be very limited. You might have to start out working on land animals first.





Your chances are slim only because there are few jobs. You might also want to look at marine parks or aquariums. You might not always be ';in the water'; but you will be working with aquatics.





Good luck.I want to be a Marine Wildlife Vet...?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>


What job is there that works with sea lions and dolphins?

No comments:

Post a Comment