Friday, May 14, 2010

Im 13 and really love wildlife. but i can't find any way to be involved in my wildlife community. help me?!

There are no Wilife shelters in my local town, i don't have the space at home to become a foster parent, and i'm too young to get an animal related job, or any job for that matter! I feel like I was born to help animals, but i'm too young to do anything! Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.Im 13 and really love wildlife. but i can't find any way to be involved in my wildlife community. help me?!
some suggestions:


coz you're still very young it's good for you to learn a lot of things about the animals and wildlife..doing research and yeah learning a lot of things of course.. so it will be a great things for you when your age is enough..


going to camping.. maybe it would be nice too..


find another community around your town.. the nearby town if it's available..


yeah you can start to help the animals around your places like dogs, birds, cats, etc..


good luck baby..Im 13 and really love wildlife. but i can't find any way to be involved in my wildlife community. help me?!
I would just stick with pets for right now- get some exotic pets or help at the humane society.


As for wildlife shelters, in most states you need to be at least 18 yrs due to liability reasons. You also can not become a foster parent legally until 16-18 as well.





All I can suggest is try to gain as much animal experience as you can (livestock even). Learning how to work around all different sizes of animals without being apprehensive can really help you later in life. I train summer interns at the zoo I work at and you can tell instantly who grew up with just cats and dogs, and who had more experience (farms for example). Plus, the animals can tell as well and will bite more often if you are not completely comfortable with them.





Please do not pick up animals on the side of the road, it is illegal in most states to possess wildlife, and even bringing a threatened or endangered animal to a rehab center can get you in big trouble. Plus, if you are not sure of the exact species, you will not know about it's behavior or defenses. Also, if you are not vaccinated for rabies, you do not want to be touching sick looking mammals anyways.
study and research get as much info as possible and when you are old enough you will be a great asset to your furry friends. maybe you can do volunteer work at a shelter this summer or help in a local park.
You are never, ever to young to help animals. If you see a animal on the side of the road tell your parent to stop and take it to somewhere safe. Also Bring food ad anything that the shelter needs. Helping animals isn't always and it isn't always working with animals
well in the summer, you can go camping and stuff in the wilderness and take hikes and stuff and you can through bird feed on the ground cause they just love it and it makes them happy and stuff and just bring like carrots for beeding deer and stuff and just try and be there friends, when you get older you can volenteer yourself at the SPCA. I no this has nothing to do wiht your question but I live arounda bunch of tree's and my nabour some how got this big buck deer to trust him and ever once in a while he would visit and my nabour would go outside and pet him and sit with him and feed him apples and they were like sorta buddys I have no clue how he did it though!!!
I know EXACTLY what you mean, I'm 13 and going crazy for the same reason. I've applied to every animal shelter, wildlife refuge, and environmental conservation organizations in like a 50 mile radius of my house, but I'm too young. Try to find a chapter of FFA, i am the vice president of mine and we do TONS of animal activities, I'm even going to get a pet cow! Most organizations want someone at least 16, so until then, look into FFA or 4H.

No comments:

Post a Comment