Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Are most wildlife presenters and vets vegetarian?

Not necessarily. I work as a wildlife biologist and there are a dozen of us in our organization and only one of us is a vegetarian. I worked as a veterinary technician for 12 years for several different vets and not one was a vegetarian.Are most wildlife presenters and vets vegetarian?
I know a number of wildlife workers, aquarium presenters, etc., and none of them are vegetarians. Most of them do respect nature more than most, but they do eat meat. Some make it a point to eat ';free range'; ';grass fed';, etc. But I think it's more about respect than anything else. I'm vegetarian. But it's for health reasons, not necessarily nature.Are most wildlife presenters and vets vegetarian?
I know of no survey of vets and wildlife people to determine their food preferences. Perhaps if you go on to college you can do a survey and a paper on the subject. It would be interesting to find out the opinion of preservationist who also eat meat.
nope i did a zoo internship at busch gardens this summer and out of my group of 18 only one of us was a vegetarian. and i have really been working hard on becoming one. i still eat meat occasionally but i'm trying.
Not from my experience. I understand there are vegetarian vets but I haven't met one yet.
no. in the vet field, there are more vegeterians than the normal population, but still most eat meat.
I know some of them are, but I don't know the diet of the others and if they are not, he/she is just another hypocrite, like the people that commemorated the birth of Jesus with the death of Innocent helpless creatures, knowing that Jesus was vegetarian himself.


http://www.atmajyoti.org/spirwrit-the_ch鈥?/a>
Yes, apart from the wild.
I wouldn't have thought so. Part of loving animals is loving to eat 'em :-D
pass

No comments:

Post a Comment