Friday, May 14, 2010

Does anyone know of any zoo's or wildlife park in mainland Uk who keep Ligers?

my kids don't believe that ligers are real animals and I want to show them oneDoes anyone know of any zoo's or wildlife park in mainland Uk who keep Ligers?
ummmmm...





i go to Whipsnade zoo every week with my boys (season pass) and I'm sorry to say that like your kids I've never heard of a Liger???





..........errr do you mean Tiger??Does anyone know of any zoo's or wildlife park in mainland Uk who keep Ligers?
chester zoo keep tigers
Shepreth Wildlife Park, in Cambridgeshire, definately have tigers - I've taken my kids a few times x
Phone a zoo or wildlife park they should be able to help Good Luck
Sorry - I don't think there are any in the UK. This is because although in our homes we can keep pretty much whatever we want (including ludicrous animals like tigers and crocodiles, due to our pathetic liscensing system - or lack of), zoos are quite well regulated and most of them are looking towards conservation. Crossing a lion with a tiger is completely useless when it comes to conservation - there you have an animal with no purpose other than to be big and impressive.





There are however some pictures on Google of people hugging ligers, show your kids some pictures. Don't give money to a zoo who produces stupid hybrids for selfish reasons.
Yay Ligers! I really want to see one. or a Tigon.


There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UK but there are zoos around europe. like noahs ark in germany.
I think i saw one at West Midlands Safari park. Its in Worcestershire. Tel 01299 402114
Here are some links to zoo's and wildlife parks that have tigers.


Hope this helps.
If a Liger is a cross between a male Lion and a female Tiger, and a Tigon is a cross between a male Tiger and a female Lion, would a cross between a human male and a female monkey be a MANKEY, and would a cross between a woman and a male monkey be a WONKEY?


For those of you who find my question distasteful, I agree, and apologise sincerely!
Those are pretty much not real.
none in the uk but you can print him a picture of one or take him abroad.





http://www.bigcatrescue.org/ligers
A liger is a cross between a lion and tiger, person above me.





No I don't know any in the UK, I would love to see one too!


They have white lions and tigers at Paradise Park in Hertfordshire, though.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/l鈥?/a> show them this link. Since I don't live in UK, I don't know any zoo's that keep ligers and tigons, or some other animals of that kind. Show them these pictures. There is also a little information about ligers. I really hope I helped, I really do. bye _
I hope none. No biologist or respected zoologist would ever cross breed a lion and a tiger. Sad.





It has been done in private wildlife parks. Only reason to do it is to make money. There's a term for that, exploitation. These are sad messed up people.

No comments:

Post a Comment